Correct Installation of Dexgreen Closures
When using Dexgreen closures in the telecommunications network, it is imperative to follow all outlined work instructions.
Always Clean – Abrade – Clean cables and inner surfaces of closure to allow sealant to bond.
It is Critical to separate and retain cables while sealant is setting for 20 or 30 minutes
To download the latest installation guide overview flyer, which also includes instructions for remaking closures, please download from the following link.
In summary, adhering to the following steps for installing new closures will ensure correct installation
- Clean – Abrade – Clean Cables
- Clean – Abrade – Clean inner walls of closure
- Select Cable Port
- Use of Plastic Bag to avoid grease contamination for maintenance applications
- Retain and separate cables using cable jig
- Apply putty (51300175) to dam cable port and avoid sealant leaking while setting
- Retain / Separate cables. Use cable retainer to attach cables
- Dispense 10B Sealant as per operating instructions
- Mandatory Step: Application of Silica gel. Sign and date silica gel label and tie to conductor bundle.
Following the outlined procedures and adhering to the high level of best practice, will ensure compliance in the Telstra and NBN copper access network.